Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

It took longer than I thought, but I am done with my worldbuilding and character profiles for Scylla and Charybdis. I figure the profiles are meant to be played fast and loose, and I'm sure I will add characters I haven't jotted down, adapt the ones I have ... I wrote profiles primarily for a diversity check and consistency.

There is a good reason for this: I'm having to do it in reverse for Journal of the Dead. Notating eye color, hair color, physical quirks and making sure this isn't too much overlap. Also have notes to review personality and speech patterns.

I am now twenty-two pages into my one-hundred-seventy page document. I am trying to keep my focus on macro elements: noting what needs to be changed, but not making specific marks about how. That will be for my second pass. I'm into the "journal" portion now, and surprised how messy it is. Thank goodness for editing.

No comments: