Monday, April 13, 2009

Shelter of Daylight

Shelter of Daylight - which I think has to be one of the coolest anthology titles ever - is now available from Sam's Dot Publishing. Includes my story "The Seeds of Profit."

I wish I could remember the exact history of this idea. I just remember watching a pirate special and thinking something along the lines of, what if you focused on cargo that no one bothered to protect? That hatched this story ... and of course, I had to name the herbalist character after a specific flower, Minette (a kind of Alba).

It's definitely one of my tongue in cheek stories. I wrote it as the rash of pirate anthologies was going around, but never did submit it to any of those because it was just a little too short for their wordcounts. (Yes, I know. Me, too short for a wordcount?)

No comments: