Saturday, April 11, 2009

Child Full of Promises

Swapped my car-listening music around again and this time decided that for my CD titles, I was going to use a line from one of the songs that related to the theme. So first off - a collection of songs about (directly or tangentially) children and the next generation. "Child Full of Promises" is a reference to Evacuee, and the line is particularly, "All I am: a child full of promises. All I have are miles full of promises of home ..."

As always, I try to open with a song that feels like it kicks things off and close with something that leads elsewhere.

1. Darling, Let's Have Another Baby - Kirsty MacColl
2. Roots and Wings - Anne Murray
3. Wait For The Healing - Amy Grant
4. Coulda Been - Kimberly Locke
5. Children of the Revolution - Kirsty MacColl
6. Sarah's Song - Sissel
7. Crickets Sing for Anamaria - Emma Bunton
8. Eve - Chantal Kreviazuk
9. Immortality - Celine Dion
10. Wild Child - Enya
11. The Woman in Me - Crystal Gayle
12. Curious Thing - Amy Grant
13. Hijo De La Luna - Sarah Brightman
14. She's Not Just A Pretty Face - Shania Twain
15. How Can We See That Far - Amy Grant
16. This One's For The Girls - Martina McBride
17. Evacuee - Enya
18. Angie Baby - Helen Reddy
19. One Name - Gloria Estefan
20. Older Than My Years - Cherie

No comments: