Friday, April 24, 2009

A Message On My Machine

This tune collection is probably the one where the songs have the least direct connection to a/the theme. It was originally conceived as a collection of songs invoking telephones and phone calls. However, when I chose to title it from Caroline ("She called me up the other day and left a message on my machine ...") I decided to expand it to letters and other forms of long distance communication. Ergo:

1. Caroline - Kirsty MacColl
2. Take It From My Heart - Anne Murray
3. There Is Nothing Like A Dame - South Pacific soundtrack
4. Misbehavin' - Thalia
5. A New England - Kirsty MacColl
6. Dr. Beat - Gloria Estefan
7. Disappear - Sahlene
8. Telefone - Sheena Easton
9. X-Girlfriend - Mariah Carey
10. Emotion - Helen Reddy
11. Drops of Jupiter - Train
12. Hotel Paper - Michelle Branch
13. I Enjoy Being A Girl - Flower Drum Song soundtrack
14. Still Within The Sound of My Voice - Linda Ronstadt
15. What Do Pretty Girls Do? - Kirsty MacColl
16. Catch My Breath - Helen Reddy
17. Catch You - Sophie Ellis-Bextor
18. Tell Me On A Sunday - Andrew Lloyd Weber sampler; Sharon Campbell
19. You Can't Treat The Wrong Man Right - Linda Ronstadt
20. Sex in the Nineties - Gloria Estefan
21. Guess You Had To Be There - Helen Reddy

No comments: