Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nothing Lasts

Surprisingly, the only thing I had to cut from the last CD was the Selena song ...

I always seem to repeat a song when I do these CDs, which is reasonable enough - I don't have a good enough memory to keep track of over a hundred songs. It's never an absolute favorite song, though always one I like a lot; in this case, it's "The West Wind Circus."

This is my "Nothing Lasts" collection, songs of fleeting circumstances. Again, I'm fairly surprised by the variety here - a fair number of songs that are either new or I don't listen to often.

1. Don't Let This Moment End -- Gloria Estefan
2. What's Forever For -- Anne Murray
3. If You Go -- Sophie Ellis-Bextor
4. The West Wind Circus -- Helen Reddy
5. What Do Pretty Girls Do? -- Kirsty MacColl
6. Life Goes On -- Leann Rimes
7. Blue Black -- Heather Nova
8. Can't Go Back -- Sissel
9. Long Way Down -- Laura Powers
10. Things Happen -- Kirsty MacColl
11. You'll See - Madonna
12. One Night Only -- Dreamgirls Soundtrack
13. One of These Days -- Michelle Branch
14. X-Girlfriend -- Mariah Carey
15. Goodbye, My Friend -- Linda Ronstadt
16. Suddenly -- Leann Rimes
17. Fifteen Minutes -- Kirsty MacColl
18. The Last Words You Said -- Sarah Brightman
19. Fade Away -- Celine Dion
20. As Long As You're Mine -- Idina Menzel; Norbert Leo Butz (Wicked Soundtrack)

No comments: