Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

So the reading aloud experiment that worked so beautifully with Journal of the Dead? I applied it to the stories I'm prepping for submission and ... there, it did not work. I found myself mumbling and rushing through. I'm not sure what the difference is: maybe it's the short story pacing versus the novel pacing. Maybe it's the fact that this week has been hectic, hectic, hectic and I'm getting irritated because I can't edit and eat at the same time. It's not a first person issue: I haven't hit that part of Journal yet, and A Flattering Likeness is in first (while the others are third). I'm still picking things up, but it's torturous. Would not do again.

This week, I am behind. I am very behind. I should get my editing done, but that's at the expense of ... well ... just about everything else. Hoping this changes soon!

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

Hope you get in more time to edit! That's tough when you want to do something but don't have the time.

sarahjayne smythe said...

Time is crushing all of us, I think. I hope you get some quality time for what you want to do soon. :)