Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Real life update: total treadmill. Just about the time one thing calms down and I think, "Now I've got some time to kick back, relax and write - probably not in that order," something else goes fwoom.

That said, I got a lot done this past week. The completed second draft of Journal of the Dead I've mentioned (wheeee!); I also finished my alternate ending story for F-W.org challenge ... and did further editing passes on the next two stories in the queue. Couldn't be more different: one's pseudo-Victorian with a major thematic twist, and the other a romance story in a medieval setting with culture and personality clashes a-plenty. First person, third person. I guess the only common element they share is that both characters are very much married to the idea of custom, tradition and social order ...

I finally started another chapter of Scylla and Charybdis. I was worried about getting back into it after such a long gap, and the first few paragraphs were awkward ... but then it was like slipping into a warm bath. Felt so good - a lot of my enthusiasm for the project was rekindled. Maybe that has something to do with the fact the MC is in the middle of a bona fide crisis - who knows? But onwards we go.

No comments: