Thursday, July 08, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Wasn't planning on posting today, but my writing files are all transferred and on the laptop already and I'm not leaving for a few hours, so a bit at loose ends.

Still in a cool-down period with my writing, though I've made some progress on Journal of the Dead. I want to do two things with it next: review the first twenty pages or so to make sure that I've thoroughly grounded the world and main character, and then pick pages to review at random. Not sure how many yet, but it seems another good way to get a fresh eye on it.

Before that, though, I am going to try a draft of synopsis and query. This will not be a fun experience, though I'm hoping having the outline will help me narrow in on what to mention for the former. For the latter, I will just muddle through. Squish squish. Tis the bane of my existence, I tell ya.

1 comment:

Aubrie said...

Oh boy! Good luck with your queries! Send me the letter or synopsis if you need an extra pair of eyes.