Thursday, July 01, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

First of all, there may be no Thursday post next week: I am leaving that day to judge a harp competition and teach a workshop in Grandfather Mountain, NC.

Moving onwards, not much to talk about this week. I took a deep breath and took a step back after finishing Scylla and Charybdis. There is more editing to do on Journal of the Dead, of course, but I'm not really in a rush and just ... enjoying the lapse. Some critique comments have made me aware I need to take another few pokes at the beginning, and I'm just letting it percolate before I attempt anything.

Working on another short story, though - a different take on one body, multiple souls / inhabitants. This seems to be one of my buttons and it gets pushed a lot. I also resubmitted Voices, which is set in the early history of Journal ... so my head has been unusually filled with mindspeech and ghosts lately. (There's a statement that, taken out of context, could get me sent to a psychiatrist. ;-))

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

Good luck with your edits! And judging the harp competition :) I love being the flute judge.

Aubrie said...

I have a wedding to play on the fourth as well! Isn't that funny how people get married on that day? Have a great weekend pigging out with all your goodies :)