Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Eeep! I forgot my Thursday thoughts!

I've noticed that I've been making a lot of cross-notes through my Journal of the Dead edits - flipping back and forth and forth and back to remind myself to lay groundwork for this or come back to that. This wouldn't have been possible without the outline. I am hoping it will also come in handy when I go to write a synopsis, allowing me to perhaps cut down to the essence of the storyline.

Almost to the departure juncture in Scylla and Charybdis ... way longer than I expected it to take, but I'm on the downhill slope to it. I'm not sure if the scene in the infirmary that I'm writing right now feels forced. I'm still pleased with the emotional timbre I'm striking - I hope that will hold up when I get to the editing phase.

Longer remarks next week. I'm tired!

No comments: