Friday, April 10, 2009

I Once Met a Man With a Sense of Adventure ...

He was dressed to thrill wherever he went.
He said, "Let's make love on a mountaintop,
Under the stars on a big hard rock."
I said, "In these shoes? I don't think so ..."


My story entitled "In These Shoes" just sold to Staffs and Starships! The story has nothing whatsoever to do with the Kirsty MacColl song that inspired the title - really. It's about an assassin and involves the shoes she traditionally wears for a kill.

In trying to input this into my website, I realized that my links were a visual mess. I played around with all sorts of ways of reformatting - I even had one of my fractals as a BG. The only thing I knew is I had to get rid of the dark-background-white-text, because it was a pain in the neck to update. After about an hour of fiddling, I finally went with the KISS method (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and went with a very subtle blue-flecked white BG and dark text.

Check it out if you like.

No comments: