Thursday, April 09, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Oh, right. It's Thursday.

Journal of the Dead - ran into an amusing error when editing one of the spirit stories. To whit: ... hey, wait, I have pistols in this world ... making notes on back-edits was fairly simple, but I have a feeling it's going to alter a lot of the remaining pages as well. The changes won't be major, they'll just be frequent and annoying.

I hate guns. Seriously.

In full-out panic mode about the length of Scylla and Charybdis. I am very pleased with everything I've done, just not how long it has taken to do it. It does make me aware why a few editors seemed to think the original short story needed to end when they left the station ... there's an incredible amount of meat there.

I have a very messy and confusing muddle in regards to computers and phones. I have an aural link which I was originally just thinking as an intercom, and now I realize with technology several centuries later, it's likely it would be a combo phone / PDA / system link ... and on Themiscyra, that would mean you could effectively access the entire world from a little widget behind your ear. Anyhow, I haven't explained any of this directly (... and I kind of keep changing my mind about what it's supposed to do) so this may be one of those things that gets a major clean-up in editing.

No comments: