Friday, October 17, 2008

Any Part of Your ...

I've been scarce because I've been taking an online writing workshop which is more or less swallowing all my free time. It's a one week course that started Monday, and it is definitely getting me in the mood for the WFC! But I'm going to have a fair bit of mundane work to get done next week so I can prepare to leave ... *pant*

I also am cycling my car CDs again. First CD is "Any Part of Your ..." which refers to a specific line in one of the songs ("If I Can't Dance"). It ends that specific phrase: "If I can't dance, then I don't want any part of your revolution ..." So these are all songs about rebellion and kicking up one's heels and such.

You might notice some new names on here: I finally went through some of my unlistened CDs and cherry-picked.

1. If I Can't Dance (Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
2. I Am Woman (Helen Reddy)
3. Free World (Kirsty MacColl)
4. Refuse To Dance (Celine Dion)
5. Waiting For The Healing (Amy Grant)
6. Dangerous Game (Gloria Estefan)
7. Something To Believe In (Sarah Brightman)
8. Us Amazonians (Kirsty MacColl)
9. Free (Faith Hill)
10. Seal Our Fate (Gloria Estefan)
11. Runaway (Anna Sahlene)
12. Whatever You Want (Vienna Teng)
13. Libre (Paulina Rubio)
14. This Time (Celine Dion)
15. Fight (Amy Grant)
16. White Flag (Dido)
17. Troublemaker (Anna Sahlene)
18. Defying Gravity ("Wicked" soundtrack - Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenoweth)
19. Children of the Revolution (Kirsty MacColl)

2 comments:

dead blog said...

So your workshop is like a classroom setting? Interesting. I belong to a workshop as well, but it's structured differently with no time frame.

How are you finding it? Hard? Easy? Discovering thinsgs about your writing you never knew?

Lindsey Duncan said...

Hi hi!

It's more of an accelerated forum than a classroom, though there are exercises and handouts and such, with chats for Q&A.

I bit off more than I could chew, so I'm finding that hard, though the individual exercises aren't necessarily difficult. I'm learning to look at some things I didn't consciously pay attention to before - always good. :-)

You can find the info at www.themuseonlinewritersconference.com if you're curious. They do it yearly.