Thursday, August 05, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

I'm heartened with my synopsis progress: managed to find a surprising amount to cut, though I'm still working. Now I'm going to take a break from it and do some brush-up editing on the manuscript. Basically making sure I am holding the reader's hand appropriately through the early world elements.

I have a plan in place as I go forward:

1. Over my vacation / afterwards, I will read through my Scylla and Charybdis manuscript. There will be no outlining. There will be no editing. This will just be my opportunity to get a sense of the whole thing.
2. By the end of August, I will have chosen my next writing project. (Sigh ... I am dithering so much!)
3. September and October, I will work on worldbuilding, character profiles, outlining *if appropriate* (I usually don't need one, but some of these ideas require that level of coordination) and anything else I might need to ...
4. Kickstart the novel with Nanowrimo in November.

Further plans, not timelined yet: finish editing, synopses and query letter for Journal of the Dead. Begin editing on SaC. I will continue to work on short stories in the interim because if I am just editing / prepping I will lose the rest of my mind.

1 comment:

Angie said...

It's always good to have a plan. You sound very organized. Good luck with it all!