Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

I am so ill/tired. I literally cannot stay upright. I don't want to knock off my sleep schedule is the only reason I'm awake.

I didn't realize until I started editing how late in the story Rhiane actually finds out what happened to her son. The point is, I believe, almost a third of the way through the manuscript (pg. 48 of 170 in editing copy). This is interesting because I've always considered the story as everything that happens in reaction to that discovery, though in a general sense the entire manuscript is about her trying to reunite with her son. There are certainly elements in the early portion that I want to emphasize more strongly later on.

My notes, they are going to be long.

I am finally ready to start writing on Scylla and Charybdis - again, if I weren't sick. I have a first couple paragraphs bouncing around in my brain. It starts almost identical to the short story, but my setting concepts have changed somewhat - and my writing style certainly has.

No comments: