Wednesday, February 28, 2007

State of Myself

I am currently sprawled on the floor with my laptop because I put my shoulder out Saturday evening and trying to sit up creates a series of subsidiary pains in my back and hip. I feel like a very old woman now.

I am hopeful about my very first submission to flash-and-poetry market Raven Electrick; I have currently received two encouraging rejections for the story I sent there, Instructions For An Initiate. One market stated they had it longer than usual because it went high up their editing process; another sent me a rejection letter with "please try us again," hand-emphasized and a written note indicating that it wasn't the story quality, it was the fact that flash was a hard sell for them.

I am once again tempted to start a pantoum with the lines:

Change is inevitable
Except from vending machines

No comments: