Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Few More Calendar Clips

Again, from my page-a-day. The first one is just a great image. The second one ... hmmm ...

"Drive on! We'll sweep up the blood later!" -- Katherine Hepburn (instructing her driver to push through a crowd of fans)

"If you want to get revenge on a man, marry him!" -- Belinda Hadden and Amanda Christie

In other news, I never pictured myself as the kind of writer to insert high-falutin' quotes at the beginning of my stories, but First Contact demanded a bit of Shakespeare, and now Polestar, set in the same world with the same characters, has picked up the tradition ... and if I ever write a third one, I'll have to do it again, though I'm out of "star" quotes from Shakespeare I can remember off the top of my head.

For the idly curious, First Contact's quote is:

But then there was a star danced, and under that was I born. (From Much Ado About Nothing)

And Polestar's is:

O no! It is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark ...
(From Sonnet 116)

No comments: