Thursday, May 07, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Editing mark-ups for Journal of the Dead - complete! That means I have only one more step on this first edit, but it's the most time-consuming: the actual rewrite.

Sometimes I think my subconscious looks out for me. I just wish it would tell my conscious mind it was doing so! I spent a lot of time angsting over a particular plot turn - an incriminating document. I got to one of the last scenes and I realized ... I'd already built in a way around it without even realizing it. So I went back and crossed out a few of my frantic scrawls. Not needed, after all.

Scylla and Charybdis: by the end of this chapter, my two main characters will be off the space station! Break out the champagne.

Working on another F-W challenge story and sincerely hoping this one goes better than the last one.

No comments: