Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's out!

Issue 6 of GUD, containing my story "The Naming Braid," is now out! Check it out over at: http://www.gudmagazine.com/.

This story really had a charmed life. GUD was the first place I submitted it. It was also the first story I'd ever sent to GUD. They came back with a comment about having trouble with the transitions. Interestingly, I'd had this story critiqued, and my reviewers mentioned it, but they were split fifty-fifty as to whether I should use scene-breaks or not. Apparently the people who said "use scene-breaks" were right. ;-) I sent back a revised version and ... boom. Contract.

Even if you don't want to spring for the purchase price, the first three paragraphs of the story are up as a teaser ...

3 comments:

kaolin fire said...

And really, how could you possibly go wrong getting the piece alone for $0.50...but then a whole issue (digital) is just $3.50....

I love this story =)

http://www.gudmagazine.com/vault/6/The+Naming+Braid

Lindsey Duncan said...

Thanks so much!

And I am an idiot and missed the fact that you could buy individual pieces. Even if it makes more sense to buy the whole issue. :-)

kaolin fire said...

We have a lot going on, and we're not the best at putting it all forward at once (also maybe just too much going on). For instance, our "buy one get one" share-an-issue-with-a-friend offers, and (and [and] ) .... :heh: We _WILL_ take over the world. Somehow.