Sunday, April 01, 2018

Song Styles

My Scylla and Charybdis soundtrack has a variety of selections, from songs about the overall arc to those focused on specific characters and situations ... but there's one group of songs that I can only describe as bratty.

With a male dominated and female dominated society, and Anaea's female-only home, the topic of gender comes up a fair amount, and I just had to add a few classics:

It's Raining Men - Geri Halliwell
There Is Nothing Like A Dame - South Pacific soundtrack

There's one song in this vein that's a little more serious (a *little*).  It's a song I've always liked, and even if it doesn't exactly fit - in fact, the setting here is almost inverted from Anaea's experience - I love the message enclosed of being brave and exploring new possibilities:

Us Amazonians - Kirsty MacColl

No comments: