Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Wednesday Wanderings

Let's kick off 2015 (on my blog, at least) with the first edition of Wednesday Wanderings!  All right, so it's just my weekly post, renamed because my Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be whacky for the next few months, but it feels like there ought to be some kind of symbolic ... symbolism to the whole thing, so just go with me on this one.

No entrance into a new year would be complete without a quick look back into the last one, so here's mine:

Writing:  all was pretty quiet on the writing front for 2014.  I feel a bit stagnant, with no real milestones to report.  I'm currently working on editing one novel and about two-thirds of the way through another.  My present goal is to finish both processes by my birthday.  I also finished the following short stories:

Wanderlust
Regret the Rain
Pollination
She's Unable to Lunch Today
Wine and Chocolate
Chains
Untitled (... I know, I know, but I'm terrible with titles)

Harp:  gained a student, said farewell to another, and had my busiest holiday season in years.  Undertook a project to revive / practice / polish tunes in my repertoire that I had let fall into dust, disuse and ... dis-playable-ness ... and made a lot of progress with it.  I think I'm about saturated, though, so early 2015, at least, will be more focused upon finding new, shiny music to play.

Culinary:  most of life's changes have happened in this arena.  This time last year, I was a "Skills baby" (what the more senior students call those in the Fundamentals class).  Now, I'm a Baking & Pastry graduate with my diploma in hand and working on finishing up my Associates.  I've also been working at a local catering company since the beginning of August and growing by leaps and bounds.

Personal:  nothing to see here, folks.  Move along!

No comments: