Sunday, September 06, 2015

Musical Meanderings

So I've mentioned before that I need (need!) music to drive to, but I have an older car, so I make myself CDs to satisfy my hyperactive brain.  I like to theme them, do various schemes, etc.

My latest pack includes a series of songs playing word association, one leading into the next.  I've done this once before, but this time I decided to do two CDs' worth, and the results are below.  Please no mockery of my musical tastes- in some cases, I picked up a single CD on a whim and may not buy another.  ;-)

Walk This World - Heather Nova
("We walk like there's ...)
Nothing's Wrong - Echosmith
So Right, So Wrong - Linda Ronstadt
Right In Front of You - Celine Dion
If I Should Fall Behind - Faith Hill
When I Fall - Anne Murray
Another Place To Fall - K.T. Tunstall
Safest Place - Echosmith
Safety Dance - Glee Cast Version
Dangerous Game - Gloria Estefan
Fool's Game - Bonnie Raitt
Ship of Fools - Sarah Brightman
Sirens of the Sea - Oceanlab
My Emergency - September
Dr. Beat - Miami Sound Machine
Beat of Your Heart - Hayley Westenra
Heartbreak - Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Breaking Ties - Oceanlab
Lover's Knot - Anne Murray
Elastic Love - Christina Aguilera
Ricochet - September
We Both Reached For The Gun - Chicago soundtrack
Guns and Horses - Ellie Goulding
Black Horse & the Cherry Tree - K.T. Tunstall
Black Magic - Green Children
White Flag - September
Fade to Grey - Midge Ure
(This next connection might need a little explanation - I see "fade to grey" as an ending, and of course, a beginning would be ...)
The Egg - 1776 soundtrack
Roots and Wings - Anne Murray
Unwanted Garden - Green Children
All I Ever Wanted - Kirsty MacColl
(This next song is about a woman who is a fugitive, or "wanted")
Man Down - Rihanna
Down So Long - Jewel
Trouble With Goodbye - LeAnn Rimes
Hello - Beyonce
Hello, Little Girl - Into The Woods soundtrack
Girls Chase Boys - Ingrid Michaelson
I Hate Boys - Christina Aguilera
I Hate Men - Kiss Me Kate soundtrack
I Hate You Then I Love You - Celine Dion
(... and this last song follows the exact theme as the above ...)
Disappear - Sahlene

No comments: