Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy ...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Have a safe and savory holiday, y'all.

This year, I am thankful that ...

(Drumroll, please)

... I can actually cook!

On a more serious note, this has been the first year I've been away from my immediate family, and it's been strange and often lonely. Having them back, not just for a couple days, but for two weeks, has made me appreciate how close we are. I know not everyone has that relationship with their kin, and I'm thankful for that.

On a less serious note, I've received rejection letters on a surprising majority of holidays and my birthday, so I am expecting one today. ;-)

3 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Aubrie said...

Sorry about the rejection letters! And Happy Birthday! I just had a birthday as well.

What did you cook for Thanksgiving?

Lindsey Duncan said...

Thanks!

No rejection letter showed up, so I am thankful for that? But I have gotten a few since. Ah well!

Actually, was my father's birthday - he was visiting for the holiday - but happy birthday to you!

I primarily did the cranberry conserve, the apple crostada (in place of apple pie) and the buttermilk spice muffins, but I pitched in with the rest. The turkey was purchased pre-cooked - go Honeybaked Ham!