Monday, September 01, 2008

Reading Recc Updated

I just added a new reading recommendation to my site: Children of Chaos, by Dave Duncan (no relation). I was going to comment more here, but I got most of what I wanted to say in the clip. Be warned, though - have Mother of Lies on hand before you read this one. I'm flailing because I need to go pick up book two now ...

Actually, I do have more to say! I was disappointed that Duncan (no relation) didn't do more with the unusual shape of his world, but given the course of events towards the sequel, I think that is on its way to being corrected. I also found myself consulting the glossary at the front of the book. Whoever green-lighted its inclusion was shrewd. The world isn't hard to understand, but for some reason, I found myself consulting a lot to make sure of terms.

No comments: