Thursday, March 27, 2008

By The Numbers

I've changed my listening repertoire once again. For the first CD, I decided to pick songs that featured numbers or counting in some way ... and then as I was looking at them, elected to put them in numeric order, with ones that didn't reference specific numbers threaded in between. I ended up with:

1. One -- Faith Hill
2. One By One -- Enya (Forget "Only Time" which was apparently a hit - THIS is the stand-out track from "A Day Without Rain.")
3. One Night Only (Disco Version) -- Dreamgirls soundtrack
4. One Heart -- Celine Dion
5. One Name -- Gloria Estefan
6. With One Look -- from Sunset Boulevard (Mary Carewe singing)
... I'm finally getting out of the 1s now.
7. England 2 Columbia 0 -- Kirsty MacColl
8. The Second Element -- Sarah Brightman
9. The Seven Deadly Virtues -- Camelot soundtrack
10. Wrapped -- Gloria Estefan ("... lost like the seconds I'm counting 'til I am closer to you.")
11. Seven Seas -- Sarah Brightman
12. 8th World Wonder -- Kimberley Locke
13. This One's For The Girls -- Martina McBride ("This is for all you girls about thirteen ..." also 25 and 42.)
14. A New England -- Kirsty MacColl ("I was twenty-one years when I wrote this song / I'm twenty-two now, but I won't be for long.")
15. How Many of Us Have Them (Friends) -- Alana Davis
16. I'm Going Out With An Eighty Year Old Millionaire -- Kirsty MacColl
17. Sex In The Nineties -- Gloria Estefan
18. 1974 -- Amy Grant

(I did think about the last two a bit, whether it should be read as "1990" and "1974" but elected to read it as "90" and then "1974." So - largest number by a landslide!)

No comments: