Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wednesday Wanderings

On Monday, my Facebook "On This Day" feature reminded me that it had been a year since I finished Unnatural Causes.

Really?  A year?  I could hardly believe it.  I'm in the middle of my editing marks for the second draft now, with so much to do.

I haven't been idle during that year.  When I finished the book, I was still editing Who Wants To be A Hero? with a query letter and synopsis to follow.  I took a break for my "strictly for fun" zombie-novella project, Undertaking Chances, which I had estimated would maybe be in the 15-20 thousand word range.  Twice that length later, the story had taken me on a wild ride.  Short stories, life developments, and the building blocks of my next novel ... and here we are.

As far as the professional and sales side of the writing business, not much has changed in that year.  As for the personal side and my personal life?  (Who wants to hear about the latter, really?)  I've gotten less serious in the right way.  I've had a disheartening lack of success ... and I'm starting to learn to divorce myself from that pressing need to sell-sell-sell and just have fun with it.

Stand back, things are about to get messy.

No comments: