(Okay, there is supposed to be an image, but I tried it six ways and it is making me UNhappy, so ... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xPSQAyviXfY/S3Fii22DHhI/AAAAAAAAAgs/NJA-B4A13ww/s1600-h/Happy_Award.jpg)
I hope I managed to get the image in here ...
Aubrie Dionne sent me a Happy Award! ... which means I have to list ten things that make me happy. Curse you, Aubrie!
A lot of silly stuff, in absolutely no order:
1. The Puppy -- I have an adorable little ball of fluff with a penchant for lap-curling who never ceases to make me feel better.
2. Friends, Family ... and people who put up with me in general. Because wow, I can rant, and I'm always shocked when someone is crazy enough to listen. ;-)
3. Harp -- Even when some parts of the business make me want to bash my head in, I can always reach the place where I just cut loose and play.
4. Writing -- When it's flowing and feeling just right, or when I look back and am quite honestly stunned by how good it is. (Sadly, this has been all too rare an occasion these days.)
5. Good Food -- Oh, how I wish this weren't on this list, but there's nothing like a good meal (whether it be a dessert or just a bowl of soup) to boost the mood.
6. "Junk" Music -- For a Celtic musician, I listen to an awful lot of stuff I never play ... I've got mad love for artists like Kirsty MacColl and Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
7. Sleeping In ... because!
8. Publications -- Is it terribly to be chipper because I've got a rash of stories coming out in March?
9. Bath and Bodyworks -- This is my guilty induglence.
10. Artwork and Knickknacks -- I love glasswork, fantasy figurines, cool images ... it's been a real effort not introducing mad clutter into my music studio, which is supposed to be a business space.
If anyone is following me and hasn't done this, please pick it up. ;-)