Saturday, April 19, 2008

Me!

Out of town right now at the Loch Norman Highland Games just north of Charlotte, NC, for which I will be teaching a workshop and then judging. I am rather nervous about both, though less about the judging now that I suspect I will have only a handful of competitors. If I am lucky, no one will be in the same categories so I won't have to decide between performances, just whether or not each performance was sufficient to award a first. (SHSA rules state that a certain number of points must be acquired for a first to be awarded regardless of number of competitors.)

There will doubtless be a longer post after the event (tomorrow) when I have some impressions to offer. For now - wow. Coming south and watching the trees move from the fringe into bursting bloom is beautiful.

No comments: